FIRE ALARM SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE PLAN – SERVICED TO BS5839
All RayFire Services engineers are trained to service and maintain any fire alarm system regardless of the manufacturer or original installer, so even if you have a mixed environment of fire alarms across your business sites, you only need to have one maintenance company.
Our engineers will update you on the latest British Standards and advise on any changes you may require to maintain compliance
The Maintenance visit
Our visits are automatically scheduled to meet specific site requirements. Our Engineers will contact the authorised person prior to service visit to arrange an appointment where necessary.
On arrival, the service engineer will:
- Report to the authorised person and explain the reason for the visit
- Ask for details of your Health and Safety policy, any other site requirements and your fire log book and fire risk assessment, to identify any actions required
- Carry out a full maintenance inspection, complying with British Standards BS 5839
- On completion of the maintenance, inspection, we will discuss the works carried out and confirm the system status. All relevant details will be entered into your log book (Provided by us if not already in place)
- The electronic inspection certificate will be submitted to the client for approval and signature
The number of devices tested during each service visit will depend upon the frequency of service visits per annum as per the fire risk assessment report for the site. Every input device should be tested over a 12 month period.
EMERGENCY LIGHTING SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE PLAN – SERVICED TO BS5266
We will carry out a discharge test on emergency light annually and rectify any faults during the visit, on a bi- annual basis we will check the lights momentarily to test for correct operation as per the recommendations in the standard
Any major faults found will be reported and quoted for repair.